Date:      Fri, 4 Mar 2005 13:29:44 -0500
From:      epilogue <epilogue@allstream.net>
To:        exp@netbox.yi.org
Cc:        sn1tch <dot.sn1tch@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: security logs being mailed to root

On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 12:08:41 -0500
exp@netbox.yi.org wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 04, 2005 at 08:59:45AM -0500, sn1tch wrote:
> > When I ran FBSD 5.2.1 I used to get the daily, weekly, and monthly
> > security logs and such mailed to root...now since I did a clean
> > install with 5.3 I no longer get anything, when I log in I have no
> > mail...what gives? I enjoyed reading them .. is there a way to get
> > that functionality back?

yet another possibility is that you have chosen not to build sendmail.
if such is the case, you must either properly configure your MTA to
handle this responsibility OR send the desired output directly to logs.

for the former, i believe that the freebsd.org/handbook is a good
reference.

for the later, the following thread should get you started.

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2004-September/059687.html