Date:      Sun, 17 Aug 1997 19:07:44 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Eivind Eklund <perhaps@yes.no>
To:        Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: damage in current to i386/isa/aic6360.c

> Hi,
>
> I just cvsupped current and could not make depend for GENERIC:
>
> ../../i386/isa/aic6360.c:1311: unterminated macro call
> ../../i386/isa/aic6360.c:2464: warning: preprocessing directive not recognized
>
> I looked at it and it is obviosly damaged.  So I removed my local copy,
> re-cvsupped, new copy came down, but it also is damaged.  So I saved
> my copy in my commit tree on freefall as aic6360.c.GOOD, then did a cvs update:
[...]

> It doesn't appear that there was a new commit, looks like file damage
> in the CVS tree.

This one is really scary.  I looked it over, and the RCS file looked
as it had the correct invariant; it was an RCS-file all right.

However, on diffing a checkout from my local CVS-tree (which is valid)
and this one, I find that the one on freefall contains code from CVS
the program; part of src/contrib/cvs/src/commit.c, to be exact.

I've restored the correct file on freefall from my local copy from a
previous cvsup of the tree; no changes had been done afterwards.

Eivind,
slightly bending rules to (hopefully) benfit the project.