Date:      Tue, 25 Jun 1996 17:40:06 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        bill@twwells.com (T. William Wells)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Compaq LTE Light 4/33C and FreeBSD?

T. William Wells writes:
> I've got this laptop. And a yen to have a portable Unix machine.
> :-) However, I'd like to hear if anyone has run FreeBSD on a
> Compaq LTE Light 4/33C before I try it. If so, how did it go?
> Does FreeBSD "Do The Right Thing" with the power management
> hardware? Any caveats I should hear?

While I don't have any experience with the Compaq, we do our best with
regard to power management and such.  However, I've had a hard time
debugging the APM support since it work on my machine and the
beta-testers have had a difficult time getting useful information from
the crashes and/or they've been using older/buggier versions of the
code.

Nate