Date:      Wed, 28 Sep 2016 22:43:39 -0400
From:      Alejandro Imass <aimass@yabarana.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Clone a FBSD system with something in the likes of ghost

Greetings fellow daemons,

I have a beautiful running server (dozens of jails and intricate
configuration) on a single small and aging hard drive. I bought 2 new hard
drives and want to migrate to a ZFS mirror.

Pardon my ignorance but would there be a way to just copy my system from
the old drive to the new ZFS array?

I was thinking of something like this: 1) install the two new drives in the
server and boot with old drive via an USB enclosure. 2) Create a booteable
ZFS array and somehow copy an identical image of my current system onto the
array.

Am I dreaming or are there actual ways of doing this? I really don't want
to re-install and configure everything. Just want to move an identical copy
of my system to the new hard drives on a ZFS mirror.

Any ideas greatly appreciated!

TIA,
Alejandro Imass