Date:      Wed, 18 Oct 2000 23:44:07 +0000
From:      Bjarni Runar Einarsson <bre@netverjar.is>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: natd & identd cooperation?

Žann 2000-10-18, 21:02:02 (+0200) skrifaši Tomasz Paszkowski:
> AFAIK the better idea, will be to modify oident function to communicate
> with ipnat. Take a look at ipnat source, and there is a function
> responsible for current nat listings.

OK, this is what I thought too, until I realized that ipnat and natd are
completely different things (I said I was new to this stuff :).  The natd
configuration was very straightforward, and is well documented on the
FreeBSD web site, but I saw nothing about ipnat.  This led me to think this
(natd) was the "recommended" tool for implementing NAT on FreeBSD these
days, and that I should concentrate my efforts on using/supporting it.

Is that not the case?

(And does ipnat work well with jails?)

For what it's worth, I think implementing support for either system will
be relatively similar in terms of coding effort.

 bre@netverjar.is              -><-             http://bre.klaki.net/

Netverjar gegn ruslpósti: http://www.netverjar.is/baratta/ruslpostur/