Date:      Thu, 10 Jul 1997 14:30:23 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Michael Bielicki <michael@linkdesign.com>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: why can't Iinstall 2.2.2 onAdaptec 6360 controller ?

In message <19970710225234.08925@linkdesign.com> Michael Bielicki writes:
: I can't seem to be able to install 2.2.2-RELEASE on a 486
: with the Adaptec 6360 on board controller. Sometimes it saays
: it cant use the swap partition, sometimes it says bad directory, sometimes
: it simply reboots. I tried quantum fireball and ibm dcas disks. Same
: stuff.
:
: Anybody ever heard of this ??

I've had mixed luck with the 6360 based boards.  The driver is in a
state of disrepair right now.  However, I have had good luck with them
from time to time.  They are really fussy about jumper settings, and
bus termination.  Double check those items.

Warner