Date:      Wed, 08 Mar 2000 13:30:09 -0800
From:      Dawn Endico <endico@mozilla.org>
To:        van.woerkom@netcologne.de
Cc:        peter@key.co.za, mozilla@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: No M14 build yet :(

Marc van Woerkom wrote:

> > Pete Collins : have you managed a succesful build ?
>
> The stuff on the Mozilla build page seems a bit out of date.
>
> I am not able to pull the tree via client.mk on my -current box,
> instead I have to do it manually.
>
> After configure, it a gmake runs through.
> The problem is that starting up the lizard
>
>     cd mozilla/dist/bin
>     ./run-mozilla.sh

I've never built on freebsd but  normally you
start mozilla from the 'mozilla' script.

cd mozilla/dist/bin
./mozilla

or to run in the debugger

.mozilla -g

> What are the magic incantations for Linux for example?
> I can then try to make them work under FreeBSD.

All the appropriate magic incantations should be found in
the release notes. If something is missing, please give
feedback to the author.

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/release-notes/m14.html

http://www.mozilla.org/unix/
this page has more info about building and debugging unix builds.

let me know if any of the build documentation needs updating
for freebsd builds.