Date:      Tue, 23 Feb 1999 11:57:26 -0700
From:      Greg Skafte <skafte@worldgate.com>
To:        Satoshi Asami <asami@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: kde

Quoting Satoshi Asami (asami@freebsd.org)
On Subject: Re: kde
Date: Tue, Feb 23, 1999 at 10:13:16AM -0800

>  * From: Greg Skafte <skafte@worldgate.com>
>
>  * I just cvsuped all the ports and then built the ports. one thing that you
>  * might check is that on my ports I do a "tag=." instead of tag=RELENG_3
>  * when they add or patch ports they don't always move the TAG to the lastest
>  * cvs version.
>
> This is a little inaccurate.  We don't have any branches in the ports
> tree (actually there are some but those are accidents).
>
> You will just get an empty tree if you really try RELENG_3. :)
>
> If you want a specific release version, then you can, for instance,
> use RELEASE_3_1_0 or some such to get the ports tree for 3.1R.
>
> Satsohi

ok partially inaccurate I would do a tag=RELEASE_3_0_0 or now a RELEASE_3_1_0
but I found that in the case of kde11 that the RELEASE_3_0_0 tag was the beta
where tag=. had the "latest" stuff.....

--
Email: skafte@worldgate.com	  Voice: +403 413 1910	  Fax: +403 421 4929
   #575 Sun Life Place * 10123 99 Street * Edmonton, AB * Canada * T5J 3H1
When things can't get any worse, they simplify themselves by getting a whole
lot worse then complicated. A complete and utter disaster is the simplest
thing in the world; it's preventing one that's complex.       (Janet Morris)