Date:      Mon, 01 Jul 2002 11:27:21 -0700
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@wemm.org>
To:        Wolfram Schneider <wosch@cs.tu-berlin.de>
Cc:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>, admins@FreeBSD.ORG, www@FreeBSD.ORG, so@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: apache upgrades

Wolfram Schneider wrote:
> On 2002-07-01 10:46:44 -0700, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> > >
> > > What is wrong with the apache on freefall, hub and www? All
> > > machines runs an up-to-date apache.
> >
> > No they didn't, they still had very old versions of the port installed.
>
> Wrong. All versions where updated, as I told you in private
> mail days ago (with cc: to admins, webmaster and security-officer).
>
> To get the server build time, please
> use the apache option -v (/usr/local/sbin/httpd -v).
>
> -Wolfram

For reference, here is the email in question:

== begin ==
Subject: Re: Reminder: URGENT APACHE UPGRADES NEEDED
From: Wolfram Schneider <wosch@FreeBSD.ORG>
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2002 23:26:59 +0200
To: Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc: admins@FreeBSD.ORG, webmaster@FreeBSD.ORG, so@FreeBSD.ORG

On 2002-06-22 12:26:52 -0700, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> The following machines have versions of apache that are claimed to be
> vulnerable to a remote root exploit (for which a FreeBSD exploit has
> been published).  They need to be upgraded immediately.
>
> freefall
> www
> axp0 (kerberos seems to be b0rked on this machine, otherwise I would
> have fixed it myself)
>
> Who will fix these?

I updated apache on freefall, hub and nwww some
hours ago. Hope that helps.

Sorry for the late answer, I'm just back from a 2 week vacation
without Internet access.

-Wolfram

--
Wolfram Schneider <wosch@FreeBSD.org> http://wolfram.schneider.org
== end ==

Kris, can you put the old apache back on freefall?  You've pretty badly
broken it.  Or, Wolfram, do you have the build handy?

Cheers,
-Peter