Date:      Sun, 24 Sep 1995 08:17:44 +0100 (MET)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        swallace@ece.uci.edu (Steven Wallace)
Cc:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: ports/net/dip - Imported sources

As Steven Wallace wrote:

> That is another problem - the lockfile.  If I start it up and then
> it is unsuccessfull, then there is a lockfile in /var/spool/lock
> so the next time it starts up it complains and doesn't open the serial port.

The next version is said to at least remove the lockfiles again
(despite of the fact that either the Linux as the Bartz version had a
*totally* screwed lockfile handling at all; it simply didn't work).

Look into patch-c, you are welcome to improve the lockfile handling.
If there's a lockfile around, examine it, and see if you can send a
signal to the process mentioned.  If this is unsuccesful, it's a stale
lockfile and can safely be removed.

--
cheers, J"org

joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de -- http://www.sax.de/~joerg/