Date:      Tue, 13 Jun 2000 08:32:23 +0100
From:      "Paul Walsh" <paul@walshsimmons.co.uk>
To:        <freebsd-database@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FW: Thread issues on FreeBSD 3.4/4.0 with MySQL

Hi

Could anybody comment on the following - we are trying to get a pretty busy
MySQL server optimised on FreeBSD4.0 having switched from 3.4 after reading
on the MySQL list:

"if decide to go with FreeBSD, be sure to install the latest 4.0
release as 3.x releases had quite some problems with thread libraries. "

and receiving the comments below from Scott Hess

Regards, Paul Walsh

  WALSH SIMMONS
  The Old Bank, 247 Chapel St, Manchester, UK
  T:01618399337 F:01618399336 ISDN:01618346884
  www.walshsimmons.co.uk
  Paul mobile: 07714 523312