Date:      Thu, 19 Jan 2017 16:59:17 -0500
From:      Steve Wills <swills@FreeBSD.org>
To:        ports@freebsd.org, emulation@FreeBSD.org, virtualization@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   [CFT] emulators/open-vm-tools{,-nox11} update to 10.1.0

--bJlpaEsl8b4vjNRkK5i8Qa4sx5jX9p2As
From: Steve Wills <swills@FreeBSD.org>
To: ports@freebsd.org, emulation@FreeBSD.org, virtualization@FreeBSD.org

--d3IXLWWrQQB9RlSDXmumTpGfk2pgSmHp9

Hi,

I'd like anyone possible to test an updated version of
emulators/open-vm-tools{,-nox11}. I have the patch here for those who
wish to build themselves:

https://people.freebsd.org/~swills/open-vm-tools/open-vm-tools-10.1.0.dif=

And for those who wish to test using packages, I've built packages with
the new version and it's deps from the quarterly ports branch here:

https://people.freebsd.org/~swills/open-vm-tools/

with sub-directories for various FreeBSD versions and archs. There's
also a script which can help you configure the repo so that you can
install using pkg, here:

https://people.freebsd.org/~swills/open-vm-tools/ovmsetup.sh

Just grab the script, run it, then pkg install the open-vm-tools
package, or update it if you already have it installed. This is a bit of
a new testing method for me, so don't be surprised if there are some bump=
s.

I would be really nice see tests with both various versions of VMWare
ESXi, particularly ESXi 6.0 and 6.5, and also VMWare desktop products.
Any help testing would be appreciated. Even just a "worked OK for me" is
helpful.

One particular note about this version, it no longer includes vmhgfs.
Instead, there's support for using fuse to share files, though I haven't
found documentation on that yet.

So, if you can try it out, please do and let me know how it goes.

Thanks,
Steve