Date:      Thu, 02 Nov 2000 10:42:55 +1000
From:      Greg Black <gjb@gbch.net>
To:        David Preece <davep@afterswish.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD in good standing in netcraft survey

David Preece writes:

> Possibly off topic, possibly not. Am I the only one who doesn't really care
> about uptimes?

I certainly am not impressed by uptimes over about 100 days.
They show that the site does not care about keeping current.

If it made sense to have several hundred days of uptime, what is
the point of all the development work done by the FreeBSD (and
other OS) developers?  These people work hard to improve the
system and it makes sense to at least run the latest production
release.  In the case of FreeBSD, this means a reboot at least
every three to four months when the CDs are released.

--
Greg Black <gjb@acm.org>