Date:      Thu, 18 Jun 1998 23:33:24 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Scott <sevn@336.net>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   heads up on kerb4

lo there

Earlier tonight I did a cvsup and a make world and the compile the kernel
thing.

After shutdown -r now  It gave me a ld.so error on boot. I have xdm load
at boot time. the error said that it couldn't find libkrb.so.3.0, which
puzzled me because it was right where it's always been.

I run X with kerb4.  So, I hopped into /usr/src/kerberosIV/ and did a

make all install clean

and rebooted.

Now everything is working great.

The last time I cvsup'd was about a month ago. It definitely feels like
the SMP performance is a lot better now. I'm running a PR440FX with two
ppro 180's OC'd to 233.

Just wanted to include this just in case someone else runs into this.

If this has already been mentioned and I missed it, please don't flame me
for it. If there was an easier way to fix what happened, I'd like to know.

Scott Wilson

Web Engineering
MindSpring Enterprises

"Microwave oven?  WhadAdya mean, it's a microwave oven?  I've been
watching Channel 4 on the thing for two weeks."