Date:      Tue, 28 Aug 2001 14:30:32 +0800
From:      francisv@dagupan.com
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Update (was: 4.4-RC: ad0: WRITE command timeout tag=0 serv=0 - re setting)

I now have the chipset model:

	Acer Labs Aladdin ATA33 controller

Are there current issues regarding this controller? If there's none, then it
might be the cables.

My IDE devices:

	ad0: 19541MB <Maxtor 32049H2> [39704/16/63] at ata0-master UDMA66
	acd0: CDROM <CD-532E-B> at ata1-slave using PIO4

Hi all,

I've updated my 4.3-STABLE box to 4.4-RC but still I get the error:

	ad0: WRITE command timeout tag=0 serv=0 - resetting

I would like to believe that this is not because of FreeBSD but because of
the hardware. I'll try to post the detailed spec of the motherboard and IDE
HDDs on this box. Has any changes been made to the ata driver since
4.3-STABLE?

---
 francis vidal [bitstop network services]
 streaming media + web services
 v(02)330-2872,(02)330-2873