Date:      Mon, 5 Nov 2001 05:37:46 +0100
From:      Cliff Sarginson <cliff@raggedclown.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Mailx questions

On Mon, Nov 05, 2001 at 08:38:53AM +0800, Chan Ling Ling wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am writing a script to invoke mailx commands to send a season greeting
> to a specific person (such as birthday message) , at the same time
> Carbon Copy (cc) to a group of receipent.
>
> Can anyone kindly advise how can I send cc to a group of alias ? The
> initial command is as followed.
>
> $ cat message | mailx -s "Birthday Greeting !!" person

Create an alias in /etc/aliases with the list of people
you want to CC, eg:

birthday:  dylan,lopez,gwbush,mrsmills

Then run "newaliases"

Then simply

cat message | mailx -s "Happy Birthday" -c birthday person

They will receive the message, in the CC line of the header
they will just see cc: Birthday

--
Regards
Cliff