Date:      Mon, 25 Aug 1997 14:16:43 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
To:        Jeffery Roberts <jroberts@ashland.edu>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FBSD:  Pre-built binaries for PGP 2.6.2?

On Sun, 24 Aug 1997, Jeffery Roberts wrote:
> I'm having a devil of a time building PGP.  I've tried doing it through
> the Port, and also by d/l-ing the source from MIT.  Either way, the builds
> abend;  I'm not sure exactly why.

It would help if you said what kind of problem you had but it's
pretty easy to build.

cd rsaref/install/unix
make
cd ../../../src
make 386bsd

The last is probably where you had a problem since there are several
BSD targets and none are FreeBSD.

There is no install.  Just copy pgp to /usr/local/bin and language.txt,
config.txt and *.hlp to /usr/local/lib/pgp *AFTER* running the tests
suggested in the readme.

Dan
--
 Dan Busarow                                                  714 443 4172
 DPC Systems / Beach.Net                                    dan@dpcsys.com