Date:      Sat, 04 Sep 2004 15:35:50 -0400
From:      Chuck Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
To:        "Jean M. Vandette" <vandj@securenet.net>
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IPFW PULLUP Failed

Jean M. Vandette wrote:
> Greetings all
>
> I keep getting the message on the console "IPFW pullup failed"
>
> I cannot seem to find out what it means or how to correct it any help
> would be of great help.  I'm running FreeBSD 5.1-RELEASE-p17

This is probably the wrong list for the question, but the message means that
IPFW saw a very short/invalid network packet, one so short that there was not
enough information to create a more useful log entry.  If you're seeing lots
of them, it may be a result of failing network hardware or a cabling glitch.

--
-Chuck