Date:      Mon, 19 Jul 2004 19:23:57 +0200
From:      "Graaf, Rob" <graaf@Phys.LeidenUniv.nl>
To:        'Kevin Oberman ' <oberman@es.net>, 'Jason Dusek ' <jason-dusek@uiowa.edu>
Cc:        "'mobile@freebsd.org '" <mobile@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Smooth Wireless

>From FreeBSD 5.x, all cards inserted/attached and removed/detached, are done
by the devd and not the pccardd.

My card attaches itself always on wi0, so the configuration becomes:

/etc/devd.conf

attach 100 {
        device-name "wi0";
        action "echo 'starting dhclient though pccard_ether from devd.conf'
>> /var/log/messages";
        action "/etc/pccard_ether $device-name start";
};
detach 100 {
        device-name "wi0";
        # action "/etc/pccard_ether $device-name stop";
};

the pccard script is started, and dhclient uses the configuration in

/etc/dhclient.conf

interface "wi0" {
    send dhcp-client-identifier "dowould";
#    media "nwid 'mynetwork' -nwkey"; # force 'mynetwork' network
    media "nwid '' -nwkey"; # open network
    request subnet-mask, broadcast-address, routers, domain-name-servers,
domain-name, time-servers;
}

Make sure all right settings are in /etc/rc.conf
More on this on my webpage: http://www.rdegraaf.nl/freebsd/

Greetings Rob