Date:      Sat, 19 Mar 2005 13:35:20 -0700
From:      Theo de Raadt <deraadt@cvs.openbsd.org>
To:        Scott Long <scottl@samsco.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Adaptec AAC raid support

> It's not a binary driver, it's a 2-clause BSD licensed driver that
> contains full source.  You said that the OpenBSD driver is unstable,
> so I offered to help.  That has nothing to do with binary apps.
> Deleting it from the OpenBSD tree is always an option, of course.

The driver is free, but the tool is a binary.  The interface "tunnel"
is coded in the driver, so that the "closed binary" tool can talk
through to the card.  The messages exchanged are not documented,
either.

Same thing.

You are saying

	There are open bits

and I am saying

	There are closed bits

This whole thing is about the closed bits, not about the open bits.

Why do you keep apologizing for Adaptec, and attacking our efforts?