Date:      Sat, 24 Jun 1995 09:55:07 -0400
From:      Halfstone@aol.com
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   unable to mount cd0a

I'm having a problem installing freeBSD 2.0.  I've managed to partition my
drive, assign the / and /usr partitions and install the boot manager and boot
from the hard drive.  When I go to install the rest of the software from the
cd I get an error message - "unable to mount cd0a".  I've booted using kernel
-c, and tried many variations of configuring my CDROM, but none seem to work.
 I have a TEAC SCSI cdrom controlled by a Future Domain 950 series
controller.  I understand that this controller is recognized as the sea0
controller, but when I configure that one (to iomem ca000, irq5, port 330) my
boot message is "sea0 not found".  I dropped into a shell and looked in the
/dev directory, and the only cd devices I can see are the mitsumi - mcd0 and
mcd1. I don't even see a cd0a or cd1a.   I don't have enough uncompressed
hard drive space to copy to a hard drive and mount from there, though I can
mount my floppy drive fairly easily.  Am I missing the correct drivers?  Can
you help me?
tx.
David