Date:      Sat, 23 Mar 2002 07:49:50 +0100
From:      Cliff Sarginson <csfbsd@raggedclown.net>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.Org>
Subject:   Re: So long and thanks for all the fish

On Sat, Mar 23, 2002 at 01:27:17AM -0500, Peter Leftwich wrote:
> On Sat, 23 Mar 2002, Cliff Sarginson wrote:
> > Ok, Since I have been cracked. I have been told it was because I run an anon ftp server, even though said server is not plugged in. And has not been plugged in for weeks. No-one believes a word I say about the secure shell. That there is a security hole in it. Since I get told off for using the word arsehole, but it seems to be ok for people to call me a Nazi. I am retiring from the scene for a while. Apparently I need to rebuild my network. I doubt I will be missed.
> > --
> > Regards
> >    Cliff Sarginson -- <csfbsd@raggedclown.net>
>
> Erm, I run ssh all the time and apparently "sshd" but -- and this is a
> question I often have swimming around my head -- are daemons pretty much
> only for "stuff coming in" or in this case, does sshd *NEED* to be run so
> that I may ssh "out of my box?"  Somebody please comment.
>
> P.S. Cliff, I miss you already.  Honestly!  :)

Well since I just unsubscribed from all the lists, I dont officially
exist anymore. So your question just came through on the ether I guess
I dont know anything, plenty of experts here. They even all know that
that there is NOT a sngle bug in ssh. Despite all evidence to the
contrary.
Ask the experts.