Date:      Wed, 21 Jun 2000 10:41:18 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Paul Herman <pherman@frenchfries.net>
To:        Gary Jennejohn <garyj@muc.de>
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: i4b hangs during boot with ELSA Microlink

On Tue, 20 Jun 2000, Gary Jennejohn wrote:

> You say the card works if you wait to plug the cable in until after
> everything is up.

Yes, which is strange.  It just hangs if the cable is plugged in
before the i4b devices (i4bctl, i4brbch, i4btrc, etc...) are attached.

> Try writing a 0 followed by 0x41 to the register in clrirq.

Didn't help.  After 0x41, the bad interrupts come back.  Of course,
only a 0x00 (no 0x41 afterwards) works, but then the card was also
unusable.  :)

I'd like to find the real reason for this.  I read something somewhere
that these cards have some kind of an "automatic S0 bus detection"
capability and I'd bet my bottom dollar it has something to do with
that.  However, without specs, I'll be compiling new kernels until I'm
blue in the face.

Speaking of which, I need a break from this.  I think I'll get back to
this in a week.

-Paul.