Date:      Thu, 14 Nov 2013 14:44:50 +1030
From:      Shane Ambler <FreeBSD@ShaneWare.Biz>
To:        Joe Nosay <superbisquit@gmail.com>, ports <ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Determining file size of port source

On 14/11/2013 09:53, Joe Nosay wrote:
> root@conhecer:/traverso/work # cd ..
> root@conhecer:/traverso # make
> ===>  Found saved configuration for traverso-0.49.2
> ===>   traverso-0.49.2 depends on file: /usr/local/sbin/pkg - found
> => traverso-0.49.2.tar.gz doesn't seem to exist in /usr/ports/distfiles/.
> => Attempting to fetch
> http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/traversofreebsdport/work/traverso-0.49.2-revision_2.tar.gztraverso-0.49.2.tar.gz
> fetch:
> http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/traversofreebsdport/work/traverso-0.49.2-revision_2.tar.gztraverso-0.49.2.tar.gz:
> Not Found
> => Attempting to fetch
> ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/distfiles/traverso-0.49.2.tar.gz
> fetch:
> ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/distfiles/traverso-0.49.2.tar.gz:
> File unavailable (e.g., file not found, no access)
> => Couldn't fetch it - please try to retrieve this
> => port manually into /usr/ports/distfiles/ and try again.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.
> make[1]: stopped in /traverso
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.
> make: stopped in /traverso
> root@conhecer:/traverso # ls /usr/ports/distfiles|grep trav
> traverso-0.49.2-revision_2.tar.gz
> root@conhecer:/traverso #
>

> I do not need the 0.49.2 to  be added to the download path. I only need
> what is listed in /usr/ports/distfiles and nothing more.

If your asking about the sourceforge download link, we'd need to see
your Makefile to see how it is calculated to get it correct.

Using SF for MASTER_SITES includes auto link calculations, it sounds
like you are adding to the link creation when you don't need to.

> On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 6:15 PM, Joe Nosay <superbisquit@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> "ls -lh -D Byte" does not give me the exact byte size of the archive. What
>> is the correct command?
>> Thanks

You can use make makesum to create the distinfo for you - once you get
the download links right.