Date:      Sun, 4 Aug 2002 21:47:45 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jerry McAllister <jerrymc@clunix.cl.msu.edu>
To:        Hostmaster@Video2Video.Com (Peter Leftwich)
Cc:        jackstone@sage-one.net (Jack L. Stone), FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.ORG (FreeBSD LIST)
Subject:   Re: not a spammer?

Hi,

Just my oar.

> > Sorry if voicing my annoyance is out of line, but it's finally getting to
> > me and I enjoy this list greatly, but without all of the "noise" from this
> > source....
> > Best regards,
> > Jack L. Stone,
> > Administrator
> >
> > SageOne Net
> > http://www.sage-one.net
> > jackstone@sage-one.net
>
> What "noise?"  I thought my post about FreeBSD as a desktop PC versus a
> server PC stirred up some very good debate, and just goes to show you how
> long someone can tolerate a 'text-only OS' simply because it is free (5mos).

Well, that sort of thing is better handled in FreeBSD-chat or FreeBSD-advocacy.
This list is more for people with questions on how to make things work or
why things work (or don't) the way they do.   SO, advocacy and chat items
kind of overload the mental processes of we folks that are in the midst
of some crisis of system comprehension and function.

////jerry