Date:      Mon, 14 May 2001 11:03:11 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Konrad Heuer <kheuer@gwdu60.gwdg.de>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Man pages format badly ...

I observe a very strange problem I can't solve. I copied the complete /usr
directory (which is a separate file system) to a different location by a
command like:

  ( cd /usr && tar cf - . ) | tar xvf -

Now, when mounting the copy, everything but the system man pages seems to
be ok. Man pages from XFree or add-on software (ports collection)
display well, but the system man pages are unreadable. It seems to me that
the mdoc macro package is not used (in contrast to mandoc wich is used).

I don't use cat pages (write permission removed) and run 4.2-STABLE.
Thanks for any idea ...

Regards
Konrad Heuer

kheuer@gwdu60.gwdg.de