Date:      Fri, 15 Jun 2018 15:24:35 -0400
From:      Robert Fitzpatrick <robert@webtent.org>
To:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   NFS to FreeNAS

I have a couple of FreeBSD 10.4 servers that have been backing up to an
NFS share connected to a Linux backup server. Now I have a FreeNAS
server on the network and want to switch backup to it, but get the
following error when trying to mount:

[tcp] data1:/mnt/DATA/backups/mx: Permission denied

The fstab for both looks like this, the first works to the Linux box but
the error when trying data1, the FreeNAS server:

backup1:/data/backup/webtent    /nfs/backup nfs rw  0   0
data1:/mnt/DATA/backups/mx    /nfs/backup2 nfs rw  0   0

This is the directory for both mounts:

root@mx1:~ # ls -lah /nfs
total 20
drwxr-xr-x   5 root  wheel   512B Jun 15 15:17 .
drwxr-xr-x  19 root  wheel   1.0K Apr 11 02:07 ..
drwxr-xr-x   2 root  wheel   512B Aug 17  2014 backup
drwxr-xr-x   2 root  wheel   512B Jun 15 15:17 backup2

Also, the Linux backup server is on same network and *can* mount the
same NFS share on the FreeNAS server without issue. What am I missing?

--
Robert