Date:      Fri, 3 Mar 2017 23:44:52 +0330
From:      Mahdi Mokhtari <mmokhi@freebsd.org>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Some questions about kernel stuffs (namei, and AUDIT_ARG, ...)

Hi hackers@
I'm working on implementing and completing Linuxulator syscalls
with helps of trasz@ and dchagin@
(and learning more about it on this way ;-D).

In middle of this way, I'm implementing execveat() natively
for FreeBSD to use it for Linuxulator (yeah dogfooding ;]])

I encountered to some questions and I'm told here is the place to ask :-)
I'd like to know the difference between `AUDIT_ARG_ATFD1` and
`AUDIT_ARG_ATFD2`,
when I should use which (for a syscall for example)?

Also, Should I free the name buffer I get from `namei()` after
`NDINIT_ATRIGHTS()` myself? (like what I do on `vput(node)`)?

P.S. Actually namei() man page is too short to explain the API very well
(at least for me, well I'm not native English speaker '':-D),
so any hints/extra resources is appreciated __/|\__

--
Best regards, MMokhi.