Date:      Wed, 3 Dec 2008 02:26:30 +0000
From:      Pegasus Mc Cleaft <ken@mthelicon.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   ZFS & make install with exec=no in /tmp

Hello hackers,

	I was wondering if there is a work around for this...

	In 8.0-current I have installed the new version of ZFS and upgraded the
filing systems to 13. I had a thought that I would make a zfs for /tmp and set
the exec to no (thinking that nothing should ever be executed in the tmp). All
seemed to work ok, however, I ran into a problem when I was installing a new
world. The script immediately bombed out with a permission denied message.

	I remembered seeing that type of message before when I was testing the no-
exec bit in /tmp before, so I reset it to 'yes' and all is well and installed
fine..

	Is there any way to specify what directory is used for building and executing
the install scripts?

Ta,
Peg