Date:      Tue, 11 Dec 2007 17:07:06 +0100
From:      VANHULLEBUS Yvan <vanhu_bsd@zeninc.net>
To:        Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, bug-followup@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re:  ports/98946: [patch] xscreensaver and PAM/kerberos support

Hi.

On Fri, Dec 07, 2007 at 11:08:48PM -0800, Doug Barton wrote:

> If you're interested in xscreensaver support for pam and/or kerberos,
> please take a look at
> http://dougbarton.us/Downloads/xs-504-pam-kerberos.diff. You should
> apply the patch with the --remove-empty-files option.
>
> If I don't hear of any problems by the time the freeze is over, I plan
> to commit this update.

A part of the patch does the same thing I proposed in ports/98946:
adding a PAM option to allow enabling PAM support.

I don't have actually any working FreeBSD + X server + "PAM users" so
I can't test it, but it was already working when I submitted
ports/98946.

I can't talk for other parts of the patch, as I never used kerberos
support in such context, and as I didn't have a closer look to misc
patches.

Yvan.

--
NETASQ