Date:      Mon, 08 Sep 2003 15:16:17 +0200
From:      Michael Nottebrock <michaelnottebrock@gmx.net>
To:        Holger Kipp <Holger.Kipp@alogis.com>
Cc:        lofi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [NOT solved] Re: USB uscanner0 I/O-Error

Holger Kipp wrote:

> Usually the Epson Perfection 1260 is not switched off (no switch for that).
> During the Weekend I DID remove the power supply and promptly couldn't
> scan with FreeBSD (same as last time).
>
> This is reproducable here. Any ideas what is going on here?

A Knoppix with sane seems to be able to initialize the scanner properly, so my
guess is some bad interaction between sane-plustek and FreeBSD's uscanner
device. Best thing probably is to take this up with the sane-developers on the
sane-devel mailing list, you can subscribe at
http://www.mostang.com/mailman/listinfo/sane-devel.

--
    ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi@freebsd.org