Date:      Mon, 23 Jun 2014 00:42:26 +0300
From:      Zaro Korchev <zkorchev@mail.bg>
To:        soc-status@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [Machine readable output from userland utilities] report

Hi everybody

This week I worked on libsol and sysctl. I also fixed some problems with =
the tools I already have converted.

I added support for big unsigned integers in libsol. This fixes a bug =
leading to big numbers being displayed as negative in several cases. =
This will also allow to use hexadecimal numbers in formats that support =
them. I made the necessary changes to make the tools use the unsigned =
integer type when necessary.

I implemented format detection in libsol. The initialization function =
that is called from each tool looks up the environment variable =
SOL_FORMAT to decide which format to use. The applications using libsol =
don't need to be aware of the format. I made the tools with libsol use =
this new initialization.

I made some changes on when libsol flushes the output to make it fully =
streamable.

I added support for libsol in sysctl.

I did some improvements on the other tools - vmstat, fstat and netstat.

Zaro=