Date:      Tue, 18 Mar 2014 18:13:20 +0100
From:      "Timur I. Bakeyev" <timur@com.bat.ru>
To:        "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@zedat.fu-berlin.de>
Cc:        FreeBSD Ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: net/samba36: ERROR: lock directory /var/run/samba/ does not exist

Hi, Oliver!

Please check in the rc.d/samba function samba_start_precmd(). It should
contain valid /var/run/samba path.

Is this problem occurs  only on restart(reboot) of the server? If you start
samba manually after the boot - does it run?

It could be, that in FreeBSD 11 rc order has changed somehow and samba
starts before /var/run is mounted. What does:

# rcorder /etc/rc.d/* /usr/local/etc.rc.d/*

say?

With regards,
Timur Bakeyev.