Date:      Tue, 7 Oct 1997 10:22:44 +0930
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Chuck <crtb@capecod.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mscan, muscan, sane, tkscan, or xscan - which?

On Sun, Oct 05, 1997 at 10:06:30PM -0400, Chuck wrote:
> I collected the tar.gz files for all five of the above, and haven't
> succeeded yet in getting my Mustek scanner working.  I saw a note from
> jkh over a year old hoping for good things with a Mustek scanner, but
> I couldn't locate any good word since.  I found these sources various
> places, but some are straight Linux, and I haven't got the Linux
> libs, and the promising ones, like sane, seem to give heartburn.
>
> Has anyone got a 2.2.2 system decently scanning via the MFC-06000CZ,
> aka the MFC-600S ?

I did some work on an older Mustek scanner last year.  Two results of
my work are on ftp://ftp.lemis.com/pub/:

-rw-rw-rw-  1 root  lemis   53812 Jul 29 12:18 muscan.tar.gz
-rw-rw-rw-  1 root  lemis   45418 Jul 29 12:18 scan.tar.gz

IIRC, I got the first one to scan, but the colours were out.  I gave
it up mainly because the scanner (multipass) was too slow.

Greg