Date:      Tue, 8 Jul 1997 04:23:53 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Vincent Poy <vince@venus.GAIANET.NET>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   2.2.2R Installation Upgrade Problem

	I attempted to upgrade an existing 2.1.7R system using the upgrade
option on the Installation floppy and was unsuccessful.  It seems to asks
for all the disk partition stuff...  Sometimes it has the correct
partitions as they were already set, but then when you try to perform the
upgrade, all it does is wipe out the disk and doesn't put any
distributions back on...  Any ideas what I did wrong?  What I wanted to do
was to upgrade after backing up the /etc directory.

Cheers,
Vince - vince@MCESTATE.COM - vince@GAIANET.NET           ________   __ ____
Unix Networking Operations - FreeBSD-Real Unix for Free / / / / |  / |[__  ]
GaiaNet Corporation - M & C Estate                     / / / /  | /  | __] ]
Beverly Hills, California USA 90210                   / / / / / |/ / | __] ]
HongKong Stars/Gravis UltraSound Mailing Lists Admin /_/_/_/_/|___/|_|[____]