Date:      Thu, 1 Jan 1998 02:06:43 -0500
From:      "Troy Settle" <rewt@i-Plus.net>
To:        "(ML) FreeBSD Stable" <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   syscons bug

A few weeks ago, I posted a request for help with a 2.2.5-STABLE (mid to
late Nov) problem involving a bug in the syscons driver that caused a reboot
when switching vtys.

Someone (one of the developers?) from Japan, I belive, asked me to apply a
couple patches to revert syscons.c and syscons.h back to 2.2.5-RELEASE to
see where the bug appeared.

It took a while, but I finally found the time to try those patches, and it
took both of them before I got a stable syscons driver.

Just wanted to let the person know (I lost your email, sorry).

Thanks for the fix, I hope this info helps you out.

--Troy