Date:      Thu, 20 Feb 2003 14:50:19 -0600
From:      Wayne M Barnes <wayne@barnes1.wustl.edu>
To:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   EARLY.HTM

Dear FreeBSD 5.0,

    Could you please say something about devfs?  I followed
the UPDATING instructions, and I wound up with a system that was
single-user only, because I had no screens.  I think there were
no devices for ttyv1, etc.

    I suppose there is no MAKEDEV anymore for 5.0 ?  Is this correct?
If this is not a reasonable statement of my question, what would be?

                 - Wayne
--

Wayne M. Barnes, Ph.D.                        wayne@barnes1.wustl.edu
Biochemistry Dept. 8231                 fax:  253.369.3024