Date:      Thu, 12 Mar 2009 15:36:46 +1100
From:      Peter Jeremy <peter.jeremy@alcatel-lucent.com.au>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   7.1 panic "vm_page_startup: inconsistent page counts"

--envbJBWh7q8WU6mo

I'm trying to upgrade an 11 month old FreeBSD 7 image in a VMware
4.5.2 guest to an up-to-date -stable and it panics as above.  I've
added a printf to report the two counts and there's a difference of
one page.  I don't have any problems with the old 7-stable image or
up-to-date 6-stable or -current using the same VMware version.

A screendump for a verbose boot can be found at
http://imagebin.ca/img/wahNNw.gif

Can I safely delete the assert?
--=20
Peter Jeremy