Date:      Thu, 22 May 2014 18:43:23 +0200
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Jean-S=E9bastien_P=E9dron?= <dumbbell@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CFT for cairo 1.12 and 8.x survey

--ro7MT7ruwccn5q0asq3RoXb0mCVHoR6jE

On 22.05.2014 01:18, Rick C. Petty wrote:
> Not sure if you're still interested in the 8.x survey...

Yes, we are still interested. At the minimum, reports like yours should
help us improve the situation in HEAD and stable/{9,10}.

> With dri2/radeondms and NEW_XORG, the driver reports DRI version
> mismatch.

Could you please expand on this, as I never heard about this? If you
could post at least the output of dmesg(8) and your Xorg.log log file
(if you still have them around), that would help.

> I couldn't get graphics/dri and graphics/libdrm to build off the dev
> ports tree in 9.x. With xorg-server-1.12.4_1,1 and dri1 I have a
> somewhat working X server. However starting any VirtualBox instance
> panics the machine.
>=20
> Besides all of that, VT is very buggy: leftover artifacts, and I have t=
> hit ^L after navigation and before/after any edit or the cursor is on
> the wrong line.  That's almost worse than a completely black screen.
>=20
> I'm off to give stable/10 a try, but I'm not holding my breath....

If you do agree, could you test with HEAD instead? Aleksandr and Ed
already committed several fixes to vt(4).

And to be sure we are on the same page, please follow the instructions
found the wiki to install graphics ports and to report information:
  https://wiki.freebsd.org/Graphics#Installing_KMS_Ports
  https://wiki.freebsd.org/Graphics#Reporting

Thanks for your report! I hope we can fix all those problems :)

--=20
Jean-S=E9bastien P=E9dron