Date:      Tue, 20 Dec 2005 10:25:59 +0400
From:      rihad <rihad@mail.ru>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   ports security branch

Is there a security branch for the FreeBSD ports collection? Let's say,
I installed FreeBSD 6.0 together with all needed -RELEASE ports/packages
(i.e., those on the CD). Running security/portaudit after a while
reveals that some of the installed packages have vulnerabilities. Am I
on my own to go grab the fresh ports tree, and upgrade the affected
software, suffering all the intricacies of the move by myself? Debian
GNU/Linux has its security package updates, OpenBSD has a separately
maintained "errata" ports branch (it's very likely you still get to
download a newer release of the software, though).

Sorry if this is a bit OT. I've already asked this on freebsd-questions@
but they told me there's no such thing at all.