Date:      Tue, 08 Sep 1998 11:35:51 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Simon Shapiro <shimon@simon-shapiro.org>
To:        "David E. Cross" <crossd@cs.rpi.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: XFree86 and -current

David E. Cross, On 08-Sep-98 you wrote:
>  what is the status of being able to build XFree86 on -current/ELF?  I
>  know
>  I am still having some problems with the libvga256.a and libvga.a
>  libraries and linking the X Server.  Also, I understand there will be a
>  new ports structure for -current?  Is this in development and could be
>  cvsup-ed?

I built it under a.out without trouble about a week ago.  Under ELF, it
wants -lcrypt added, as in adding this line to
/usr/ports/x11/scripts/configure:

cat $F >>  $WRKDIR/xc/config/cf/xf86site.def

+ echo "#define BootstrapCFlags         -lcrypt" >> \
+ $WRKDIR/xc/config/cf/xf86site.def

exit 0

How well it runs I do not know;  I have way too many things to convert to
ELF before I try.

Sincerely Yours,                 Shimon@Simon-Shapiro.ORG
                                             770.265.7340
Simon Shapiro

Unwritten code has no bugs and executes at twice the speed of mouth