Date:      Mon, 26 Jan 1998 23:15:15 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Michael Staszewski II <mstaszew@vt.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: GUI

On Thu, 22 Jan 1998, Michael Staszewski II wrote:

> Where can I find installation instructions for setting up X-Windows?
> The standard instructions do not seem to cover this.

If you installed it at system install time with sysconfig, simply run
`xf86config', answer the questions, then run `startx'.

If you didn't, then, well, it gets messy.  You have to grab the correct
chunks (and there are several) and install them with `tar xzf file.tgz'
from /usr/X11R6.  Sysinstall or the README file in the XF86311/ directory
on the FTP site or CDROM should list the different component definitions
about 2/3 down.