Date:      Mon, 02 Nov 1998 19:28:22 +0100
From:      Sebastian Lederer <lederer@bonn-online.com>
To:        Thomas Seidmann <tseidmann@simultan.ch>
Cc:        Scott Michel <scottm@cs.ucla.edu>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IPv6 in -current

Thomas Seidmann wrote:

> Scott Michel wrote:
> >
> > There are a couple of people at UCLA CS in Lixia Zhang's lab who
> > have experience working on the INRIA IPv6 code, as well as the
> > CAIRN people who have been actively doing IPv6 and IPSEC in their
> > version of the FreeBSD kernel (http://www.cairn.net/).
> >
> > I've posted a message to our UCLA Internet Research Lab list to
> > see if anyone's interested/willing to do the integration.
>
> No matter how this discussion ends up, I'm starting to integrate INRIA
> IPv6 into current (on my local src tree, of course) starting from
> tomorrow. Whatever it will be used for :-) I am the one who started this
> thread and you'll hear from me.

FWIW, the last time I tried INRIA IPv6 (about four months ago), it broke
some userland IPv4 stuff. I had some NIS problems/crashes, also NFS export
control lists and /etc/lpd.hosts didn't work anymore. KAME IPv6 does not
have these problems (but INRIA's kernel code might be more stable).

Best regards,
Sebastian Lederer

--
Sebastian Lederer