| raw e-mail | index | archive | help
Thanks Kyle :-) With ERE it would work both with sed and gsed? I will
have to learn sed + ere then.. any good references out there? :-)

> > It does not work with BSD sed but when I replace this with gsed all wor=
ks fine.
> > BSD sed complalins about trailinig backslash:
> > sed: 1: "s/^\(\s\+\)\(\.init_arr ...": RE error: trailing backslash (\)
> > Is there a way to fix that part so it works both with GNU sed and BSD
> > sed? The easiest way would be adding ${SEDCMD} set to "gsed" on BSD
> > and "sed" for the others (macOS also seems to use gnu sed).
>
> The ports infrastructure also has a BINARY_ALIAS that can be used to
> install gsed as sed for just this build, assuming nothing that uses
> these 'enhanced' expressions hardcodes a path to sed.

Well it will not be a port just local git clone bootstrapped per
project. No hardcoded paths to sed luckily :-) Just wondering what are
the best practices to turn BSD make run GNU make a simple bsd only
makefile that would wrap make wall with gmake or something ? Not
really a big problem I can use it with gmake just want to make life
easier for other users :-)

Thanks! :-)
Tomek