Date:      Tue, 28 Jul 1998 10:32:28 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Rick C. Petty" <rick@kris.wpi.edu>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Toshiba Tecra 550 internal modem, addendum

Once again, I'm asking about my internal modem support.  The serial port
is recognized using the serial-patch-2.2.6, and I commented out line #706?
in sys/i386/isa/sio.c which asks for COM_VERBOSE (which didn't seem to
work, even with verbose mode) and I found that the internal modem check
fails tests #0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 11.  I don't know much about x86 serial port
hacking, so I don't know what I can do to help.  But if anybody knows how
to get my modem to work, let me know.  Thanks,

I'm running 2.2.6-R, Toshiba Tecra 550CDT

sio0 at 0x3f8-0x3ff irq 4 on isa
sio0: type 16550A
sio1 not found at 0x2f8

--Rick C. Petty,  aka Snoopy                  mailto: rick@kris.wpi.edu