Date:      Wed, 21 Oct 1998 16:53:57 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Sean O'Connell" <sean@stat.Duke.EDU>
To:        Don <don@calis.BlackSun.org>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: alphastation 200

On 21 October 1998, Don wrote:

> I was referring to the ability to update back to SRM from ARC using the
> utilities and methods that i described. The AS-200 will not support
> both SRM and ARC in the flash at the same time. My apologies for implying
> that the opposite was true.

That's not true either.  The older AS200 4/166's will hold both
and ARC console and SRM (I should know, I am sitting on one
write now).  The 4/233's are all single flash as far as I have
seen; however, the older 4/166 and 4/100 with powersupplies with
a line out on them seem to support both.  It depends on whether
you which flash memory vendor you have.