Date:      Wed, 05 Jul 2006 17:45:35 -0400
From:      Francisco Reyes <lists@stringsutils.com>
To:        Scott Long <scottl@samsco.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, Michel Talon <talon@lpthe.jussieu.fr>
Subject:   Re: NFS Locking Issue

Scott Long writes:

> For what it's worth, I recently spent a lot of time putting FreeBSD 6.1
> to the test as both an NFS client and server in a mixed OS environment.

I have a few debugging settings/suggestions that have been sent my way and I
plan to try them tonight, but this is just another report..

FreeBSD only environment.
Today after hours going crazy with horrible performance I brought down nfsd
and brought it back up.. that simple process got vmstat 'b' column down and
everything was back to normal.

Again this will not help anyone troubleshoot, but just to mention that it
happens even with a FreeBSD only environment.