Date:      Sat, 25 Sep 2004 18:34:00 -0400 (EDT)
From:      jromero@save-ferris.com
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   SMP on quad xeons

Posted to freebsd-smp but didn't get too many replies, so I apologize for
cross posting ahead of time.  Need to configure groupware server and
multiprotocol wireless proxy for aproximatly 2500 accounts. Application
is heavily multi threaded and willrequire alot of CPU power. The OS will
be FreeBSD 5.x Thinking of going with ServerWorks* Grand Champion HE quad
xeon server board. Has anyone had any SMP experience with quad xeon
systems on freebsd 5.x???  I'm curious to know if anyone experienced
any major technical stumbling blocks. I guess I also want to know how
well Freebsd 5.x will scale on a 4 proc. Will freeBSD 5.x utilize
a quad xeon board as efficiently as linux2.6 system ??

Thanks,

JR