Date:      Fri, 28 Aug 2009 13:06:23 -0400
From:      Yarema <yds@CoolRat.org>
To:        Wesley Shields <wxs@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org, RW <rwmaillists@googlemail.com>
Subject:   Re: Dovecot Sieve port switched from CMU Sieve to Dovecot

Wesley Shields wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 01:47:42PM -0400, Yarema wrote:
>> RW wrote:
>>> When I upgraded my ports yesterday Dovecot deliver stopped working. It
>>> appears that not only has the sieve plugin been upgraded, but it's
>>> switched from the CMU version to Dovecot's own implementation.
>>>
>>> This should be documented in UPDATING - it's not covered by the
>>> previous Dovecot note.
>>>
>>> http://wiki.dovecot.org/LDA/Sieve/Dovecot#Migration_from_CMUSieve
>> Yes, I made a note regarding this in the PR to update mail/dovecot-sieve:
>>
>> http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=137935
>>
>> Also, Wesley added a note to UPDATING when he committed the update to
>> dovecot-1.2.3 on 20090815.  Maybe we need another note specific to the
>> dovecot-sieve port and a link to its own docs:
>>
>> http://wiki.dovecot.org/LDA/Sieve/Dovecot#Migration_from_CMUSieve
>>

> I'm now back from traveling for $JOB so if someone wants to provide me
> with text for UPDATING I will be happy to commit it.
>
> -- WXS

Wesley,

Something along the lines of the note you used for the dovecot port:

AFFECTS: users of mail/dovecot and mail/dovecot-sieve

dovecot-sieve has been updated to a new implementation compatible with
  dovecot 1.2.x.  For details of what this means please see:
http://wiki.dovecot.org/LDA/Sieve/Dovecot#Migration_from_CMUSieve

--
Yarema

P.S. Wesley, many thanks for always grabbing the dovecot* PRs and
getting them in.