Date:      Mon, 5 Jun 1995 16:55:01 -0400
From:      Temptation <temp@temptation.interlog.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: XFree/Memory again

Any know whats causing this? (can't find any docs about it )

TRANS(socketUNIXConnect) () can't connect: errno = 61
xterm Xt errir: Can't open display: 0:0

this came up after I ran X, ran fine, close it, started X again, I'm
using Fvwm by the way if that matters.

I've also found something else interesting. running the vmstat -s, before
startX , and then running it after I closed it and all programs, and
making sure nothing was running that wasn't suppose to. I lose 4.1megs
of Memory. (thats if I'm reading vmstat correctly, someone told me
VMcache + free = free memory, so I'm looking at those two numbers)
4megs is really no big deal when you have 256, but I plan on putting that
back in my NT machine, and keeping 32 in the FreeBSD machine. Am I drugs
or am I really losing access to this memory?